For Brilliance & Fire
Jewellery and silverware that are made fromsterling silver(standard silver) traditionally is an alloy of 92.5% silver with 7.5% copper. Our jewellery is stamped with 925 Silver unless otherwise specified.
How your sterling silver jewellery will arrive!
When you receive your jewellery from us, it will arrive in a tiny zip lock plastic bag.
Air, humidity and direct sunlight can be damaging to sterling silver, therefore to keep it away from the air and dampness; we ship it in an air tight plastic bag so it doesn't arrive tarnished. We store and ship our jewellery in tiny zip-lock plastic bags that are perfect for this. We have found zip-lock plastic bags work well for storing your sterling silver jewellery. Even a light bulb that shines directly on sterling silver (usually silverware) will cause it to tarnish faster than if it was stored in a dark, dry environment.
Over time oxidation reactions can occur in silver jewellery, especially with sulfur and oxygen, causing silver to become tarnished.Wearing and handling will slow the oxidation process and keep your silver polished, shiny and beautiful. It will eventually develop a beautiful silver patina.
Enjoy wearing your jewellery - don't keep it tucked away just for special occasions!
Sterling silver is easy to care
All we would like to say, sterling silver is easy to care for, if you follow a few simple steps, so don't be afraid to cover yourself in silver. You will love the look!
Store correctly to minimize tarnish and scratches…
· Storing your sterling silver in the open air and humidity for extended periods of time can cause it to tarnish quickly.
· Tarnish first appears as a golden hue on your sterling silver then quickly turns to black. This is a normal process that is caused by oxidization and moisture from air and believe it or not sunshine.
· Minimize tarnish as well as scratches by storing your jewellery in individual small air-tight plastic zip lock bags or polyethylene (Never use polyvinyl plastic bags) in separate compartments of your jewellery box.
· Consider investing in a jewellery box that is lined with a 'tarnish-free' material to keep your silver bright and sparkling. Avoid storing your sterling silver jewellery directly on wood surfaces, because wood usually contains acids that can mar the finish. Also, avoid storing your sterling silver with other metals, like pennies, and rubber, these too cause tarnish and damage.
· Therefore we recommend placing anti-tarnish paper strips inside your jewellery box. Cut the strips into small pieces and place one in each small plastic bag with your jewellery. You'll find these strips at a craft or hardware store.
· Use a polishing cloth
Sterling silver will polish up by rubbing or buffing it with a soft 100% cotton cloth. A chemically treated cloth, like a Silver Polishing Cloth, makes the job a lot easier and faster.
Remember silver is a very soft metal and you can scratch it if you aren't careful so don't rub it too briskly. Never use anything but clean 100% cotton or a special professional jewellery polishing cloth.The cloth is treated with cleaning chemicals and not only will the cloth last a long time; it will give you an amazing shine each and every time.
Silver polishing cloths are available at major supermarkets, at hardware stores and at jewellery stores. Never wash the silver polishing cloth.
Give your jewellery a polish after wearing, and before you place it in its plastic bag. This removes oils, fingerprints and dust, and will keep your jewellery in pristine condition.
Minerals spas are great - just remove your silver before you jump in!
Please don't ever wear your silver jewellery in a mineral spa - your jewellery will turn very black.
Please don't dip!
Please... never dip any silver jewellery in 'dip' solutions or commercial cleaning solutions even though it may say that it is for silver jewellery. Dip cleaners will work the first few times, but after that the silver jewellery may turn in colour and will never look the same. And the gemstones in your silver jewellery may be damaged from the dip solution. The oxidized look of the silver jewellery will also get washed away....
We do not recommend cleaning your jewellery with toothpaste and a toothbrush as this will scratch the silver.
Visit a jeweler…
Take your jewellery to a jeweler about once a year. He or she will polish it and will also check the settings for your gemstones - a wise investment.
Take care of your silver jewellery now - it will last a lifetime and can be passed down as heirloom jewellery for future generations.
Quick tips for Sterling Silver Jewellery Care
· Always store it in zip lock plastic bag.
· Always use a silver polishing cloth to polish the sterling silver.
· Never store it over wooden polished surfaces.
· Never store it or tie the plastic bag with rubber bands in with you plan to keep silver jewellery.
· Never store it on velvet cloth.
· Never use silver polishing dips to clean silver jewellery it will take away the entire ethinic oxidized look.
Follow Us on